Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Chapter 14

Everyone has been gossiping about Atticus all week. Jem and I hear people talking about our family all the time. So many people say Atticus will regret ever defending Tom, but Atticus still continues to anyway. I asked Atticus what Tom had done wrong. Atticus tried explaining to me what "rape" meant, and he told me Tom was falsely accused. This is a picture of Tom and Atticus while they were in trial.







Aunt Alexandra tried to get rid of Calpurnia. She told Atticus that she wants her gone for good. Atticus told her she was apart of the family and she needs to stay. Atticus had a talk with me and Jem that night and told us we need to stop being rude to our Aunt. I got so bad that I attacked Jem because I couldn't stand being lectured at. When I was sent to my room to bed, I Found Dill under my bed. He told me he ran away from home because he felt neglected home. This is Dill in the photo in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment