Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chapter 2

I was so excited to start school today and it was already horrible! Miss. Caroline was angry with me because she said I'm to intelligent and ahead of the class. Miss Caroline told me who ever is teaching me things they need to stop. No one is teaching me at home. The only learning I do at home is when I read with Atticus every night. I really don't like school but Atticus told me if I kept going we can continue to read every night.








Miss Caroline then orders us to get out our lunches. Walter Cunningham's in my class and he's very  poor. His family are a bunch of farmers and the Great Depression in Maycomb hit them hard. Miss Caroline offers Walter a coin to buy at lunch, but Walter refuses. Miss Caroline was very confused to why he would deny her offer, and I tried to explain the Cunningham's to her. I explained to her that the Cunningham family doesn't take offers from people because they can never pay the people back. Miss Caroline thought I was crazy and didn't believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment