Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chapter 8







We haven't gotten snow in Maycomb for as long as anyone in this town can remember. Today we got a light snow fall and we have off from school! Jem and I wanted to make a snow man but we didn't have enough snow on our lawn to make one. We went to Miss. Maudie's house and carried as much snow as we could back to our lawn. We showed Atticus our creation and he told us it looks exactly like our neighbor Mr. Avery. This is a picture of our snow man we built!







That night of the storm Atticus wakes me up in the middle of the night! Miss. Maudie's house caught on fire! Atticus orders me to go outside with Jem and stand at the corner of the street by the Radley's house. There were fire trucks everywhere and the whole neighborhood was crowding around her house! Everyone in the neighborhood were trying to save her furniture! I couldn't believe Miss. Maudie's house burned to the crowd. The fire men couldn't save her house in time. Jem and I talked to her the next day and she was surprisingly really calm about losing everything and trying to  see the best in the situation. I got a photo of the house burning!

No comments:

Post a Comment